Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dimensional Flutterby

Hi, Lisa here.  This week the Design Team is using this fun sketch from 

I had fun with this sketch
 I just love this paper collection HEY GIRL from Basic Grey. 
I used my set FLUTTERS & FLOWERS.  I stamped my butterfly four times.  And cut it out and layered it for dimension.  I stamped the butterfly also directly on my background panels so I'd have the antennaes.  Then I adhered the first directly to the two panels.  The second I adhered with dimensionals over the grass.  The other two I adhered just the bodies and pulled up the wings. I just love the dimension this gave it.  I stamped my sentiment then just cut around the words and popped up with dimensionals. 

Here's the inside. 
 I stamped my butterfly first then layered three butterflies on top of each other adhering only under the body and pulling up the wings.  Great dimension while still laying down flat inside.  

RECIPE:
STAMPS: Flutters & Flowers by A Jillian Vance Design
PAPER:White, True Black (Papertrey Ink), Hey Girl (Basic Grey)
INK:Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES:Dimensional Tape, Glossy Accents, Mini Chili Sprinkles (AnnaBelle Stamps), Grass Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Licorice Divine Twine, 1/16" hole punch

A Jillian Vance Design Products I used:

You can also find us here! 
twitter:  @ajillianvance

4 comments:

Patti J said...

Another awesome creation my friend! The dimension of your butterfly is so much fun...I just want to reach out and touch it! thanks for always inspiring me!

Unknown said...

What a sweet, pretty card! I love that you dressed up the inside too! Gorgeous!

Kelly Griglione said...

Such a great take on the sketch, Lisa! Love how you used the baker's twine for the smaller horizontal and vertical elements. Beautiful card!

dawnmercedes said...

really cute! i was just looking through the store and noticed that you were illustrating. CONGRATS! I am so looking forward to what comes next!