Saturday, February 1, 2014

BEST PEEPS

Hi Lisa Lara here today. 
 Happy Saturday, one day before the Super Bowl. 
I have a fun card to share with you today that uses the "masking" technique .  
I also played in two challenges:

 I used just the sketch (isn't it a fun sketch?). 
And  
So I took the above sketch and made it go over the edge by cutting my card down by 3/8"

I made my own little chicks using circle dies and using tape to mask off the body of the chick from the {Egg}cellent stamp set (the one that stands by itself) so I only stamped the face on my circles.  Then I embossed them for that dimension.

I also used the same technique to create my sentiment.  
I first stamped "peep" from  the {Egg}cellent stamp set   Then took the word "school" from the Teacher Teacher set and masked off all but the "s" and stamped it to make "peeps".  I then took the word "best" also from the Teacher Teacher set and stamped it above to get "best peeps" for a punny sentiment for my whimsical card. 

AJVD Products I used


RECIPE:
STAMPS:Teacher Teacher, {EGG}cellent (A Jillian Vance Design)
PAPER:Kraft, Lemon Tart, Chartreuse (Papertrey Ink)
INK:Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa (Memento), Copics YR04, YR07
ACCESSORIES:Cuttlebug, CB Distressed Stripes Embossing Folder, Spellbinders Circles, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper 1/4" rounder, Martha Stewart Grass Border Punch, Scotch Dimensional Tape 1/16"
TECHNIQUES:Masking, Dry Embossing

Please find A Jillian Vance Design here:

11 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

This is so cute!

Allie Gower said...

Adorable, Lisa. I love the way you way you made the adorable faces.

Julia Aston said...

Love this fun card with the little chicks peeking over the fence! Thanks for playing with the Fusion Challenge this week Lisa!

Jennifer said...

Super cute!

RitaR said...

How creative and so much fun .... your adorable chicks really caught my eye as they "peeped" over the grass! Love the dimension you achieved with the distressed stripes embossing folder and the grass punch.

Laura Davis said...

Super cute!
Laura

Flubidoo said...

Those chicks are sooooo cute! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays ;-)

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, I love your little chicks! What a cute card! :-) Thanks for joining us at Fusion.

Nandini said...

Such a cute card! Love the chicks!

Sindhu said...

What a cute card! Great take on the sketch!
Thanks for joining us at FUSION!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Super cute! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!