Saturday, March 29, 2014

Circle Background Frame With Guest Designer Lisa Lara

Happy Saturday, Lisa Lara here as Guest Designer.
I sure had fun with this one and loooooooooooove the results. 
Today I'm sharing how to make a fun frame and background technique using this stamp I designed 


Inside of card. 
 I just used a strip of wide washi tape 1 1/4" from the bottom. 

Matching envelope.  
I love how this looks.  Wouldn't you like to receive this in the mail!

I combined two dies to make my frame. 
Love how this works.  I just lined them up and used washi tape to hold them in place when I cut. 

I stamped on my foam piercing mat and got a great image.  
This was a breeze too because I did not clean off my stamp each time.
I went from lightest ink to darkest, when I went from a dark to a light ink, I just stamped off on scrap paper first. It went fast and is fun. 

I love seeing how designers are using vellum lately.
So I cut out a piece of vellum to lay on top of the frame.  It gives a soft shimmer to it. Loved how it turned out.  Then I laid the circle on top and cut it out for my frame. ( I used vellum tape to adhere so you don't see the tape). Love that stuff. 

Here you can see the difference of with and without the vellum. 
Which do you like?

Please find A Jillian Vance Design here:

1 comment:

D- said...

What a great frame idea. I LOVE yours.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful card.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.BlogSpot