Monday, July 28, 2014

Sponged Sunflowers

AJVD, Kecia Waters

I just love sunflowers, and they are starting to stand tall and proud in my neighborhood.  Just gorgeous creations from Mother Nature.

This card however is not a tall order.  It is very easy and quick to make.  All I did was stamp the large sunflower image from AJVD's "Hello Sunshine" stamp set three times with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto X-Press It cardstock.  Rather than coloring the with markers or pencils, I instead sponged the color onto the flowers.  First I sponged Adirondack Sunshine Yellow dye onto the flower.  I then sponged Adirondack Butterscotch dye into the center of the flower.  With a colored pencil, I colored a little red along the inner petals.  Then I cut each flower with my detailed scissors and set aside.

AJVD, Kecia Waters


On a strip of white cardstock, I brayered Adirondack Sailboat Blue dye and Distress Ink Faded Jeans dye to create a gradient of blue.  I stamped the sentiment, also from AJVD's "Hello Sunshine" with Versafine Onyx Black.  I framed this strip with black cardstock and adhered it to a white card base.

Then, using pop-dots, I adhered the sunflowers onto the card.  Loving the brilliant pop of yellow on blue, don't you?

Sometimes, you don't have to reach for your paints, markers or pencils to get beautiful color.  Just a sponge and your ink pads.  I hope this inspires you!

AJVD stamps:

Other Supplies:
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
X-Press It Cardstock
Adirondack Sailboat Blue, Adirondack Butterscotch, Adirondack Sunshine Yellow
Versafine Onxy Black
Pop-Dots

Thanks so much for visiting the blog today!  Have a terrific week, filled with lots of sunshine!

Smiles,



Follow A Jillian Vance Design here:

No comments: